Peace & Justice

This is the blog of the Commission on Peace and Justice for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany, New York.

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Resurrection Prayers

From Out of the Ordinary: Prayers, Poems and Reflections for Every Season by Joyce Rupp

So they left the tomb quickly with … great joy, and ran to tell his disciples (Mt 28:8)

Risen One, Bringer of Joy, plant the seeds of great gladness deep in the soil of my being. May I enjoy life, begin each day with enthusiasm, and become ever more aware of you.

And the women came to him, took hold of his feet, and worshiped him (Mt 28:9)

Risen One, Beloved, draw me ever nearer to you. I offer you my love and devotion. I embrace you and bow to your beauty. May I commit my entire life ever more fully to you.

Mary Magdalene went out and told those who had been with him, while they were mourning and weeping. But when they heard that he was alive and had been seen by her, they would not believe it (Mk 16:10-11)

Risen One, Truth-Bringer, open my heart to hear your voice. May I listen deeply even when tears of sorrow moisten my heart. Erase my resistance to the surprising ways you choose to enter my life.

They found the stone rolled away from the tomb … (Luke 24:2)

Risen One, Tomb-Opener, you are the power I need. Roll away the stones of unloving. Push back the rocks of discontent. Shove aside the boulders of worry. Untomb me and set me free.

You can read more of Sister Joyce’s spiritual reflections here.

Labels: